The goal of the proposed project is to narrow the existing gap between the rapid pace of digital transformation, and the training of specialists from different fields, especially those that are not related to IT. At present the specialists are not sufficiently skilled to efficiently work with digital technologies and tools, and to understand possible pitfalls in their use, including mental health issues and legal matters.
Among the objectives of the NEXT project are the following:
- introducing informal extracurricular education on digital skills, soft skills, mental health, and digitalization’s legal aspects to students;
- training academic staff of HEIs in order to support learners with qualified coaches who can assist them in their informal studies;
- developing innovative learning resources in line with the newest trends in digital technologies;
- enhancing students’ teamwork and digital skills through student projects contest;
- establishing advanced laboratories in Ukrainian universities for Metaverse-like communications.
To meet the objectives within the NEXT project, a range of different activities will be carried out, project meetings, training for coaches, student projects contest, students’ conference.
To the outputs of the proposed project belong: the NEXT-Study learning environment, which will contribute to creating a common repository of various learning resources, which any student can use to enhance knowledge in a specific field; learning resources, which will cover different topics on digital skills and digital literacy; the NEXT-Collaboration virtual platform, to improve communication skills in a virtual workspace; and the NEXT-Network to ensure the sustainability of the project results implementation.
Thus, the proposed project will significantly contribute to the process of the alignment of future specialists’ digital and soft skills with the modern-day requirements of the ‘digital’ labour market in Ukraine.
- STUBA Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava (Coordinating institution)
- CVUT Czech Technical University
- DCU Dublin City University
- CUAS Carinthia University of Applied Sciences
- KPI National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”
- ONPU Odesa National Polytechnic University
- IFNU Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- ChSTU Cherkasy State Technological University
- Gregor Rozinaj, prof. Ing. PhD. (coordinator)
- Pavol Podhradsky, prof. Ing. PhD.
- Juraj Kačur, doc. Ing. PhD.
- Martin Medvecky, doc. Ing., PhD.
- Radoslav Vargic, doc. Ing. PhD.
- Ivan Minarik, Ing.
- Marek Vanco, Ing., PhD.
- Juraj Londak, Ing.